Lucy Baptist church was established in 1870 at the "town hall" of the Township of Lucy, Tennessee. A frame building was erected in 1875 under an oak tree at the present location on land donated by John and Albert Duncan. Payment for the property was "in consideration of $1.00." In 1870, LBC was part of the Big Hatchie Association of Baptist churches; in 1903 she became part of the newly formed Shelby Baptist Association, which since 2004 is called the Mid-South Baptist Association of Churches. The first recorded members joined in 1897. Baptisms in early days were held in the Loosahatchie River on Raleigh-Millington Road. Since then, several buildings and additions have been constructed to accommodate the church's growth in membership and ministries.
As our history as a church continues to unfold, we seek to obey the Great Commission of our Lord both locally and around the world.